Issues Relating To Health :
Consider the following statements with reference to the Postpartum Haemorrhage (PPH):
- Postpartum haemorrhage is defined as a blood loss of 500 ml or more within 24 hours after birth.
- PPH is the leading cause of maternal mortality in low-income countries, and the primary cause of nearly one quarter of all maternal deaths globally.
Choose the correct answer from the codes given below:
Recently, China approved the world’s first multi-targeting and carbohydrate-based drug GV-971 for Alzheimer’s disease. Consider the following statements about the Alzheimer’s Disease:
- Alzheimer's is the most common cause of Anterograde amnesia, a general term for memory loss and other cognitive abilities serious enough to interfere with daily life.
- The disease course is divided into four stages-with a progressive pattern of cognitive and functional impairment.
- The possibility of Alzheimer’s increases as the age of the population increases.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct? Choose the correct answer from the codes given below:
Recently, the member-countries of the World Health Organisation (WHO) South-East Asia Region have resolved to eliminate highly infectious childhood two killer diseases at the 72nd session of the WHO Regional Committee for South-East Asia in Delhi. What are those two diseases?