Indigenization Of Technology & Research :
Recently, The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) decided to commercialize India’s regional navigation satellite system - Navigation in Indian Constellation (NavIC).Consider the following statements about the NavIC:
- NavIC consists of total 9 satellites in a combination of geosynchronous and geostationary orbit.
- Four of the 9 satellites are located in suitable orbital slots in geostationary orbit; the remaining five are in geosynchronous orbits with the required inclination and equatorial crossings in two different plan.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct? Choose the correct answer from the codes given below:
Recently, the Indian Air Force carried out successful firing of BrahMos surface-to-surface missiles from a mobile platform at Trak Island in Andaman Nicobar islands. Consider the following statements about the BrahMos Missile:
1. BRAHMOS is a two-stage missile with a solid propellant booster engine as its first stage which brings it to supersonic speed and then gets separated.
2. It operates on ‘Fire and Forget Principle’, adopting varieties of flights on its way to the target.
3. It can carry a conventional warhead weighing 200 to 300 kgs.Choose the correct answer from the codes given below:
Recently, Astra Missile has been successfully flight tested from Su-30 MKI as a part of User trials. Consider the following statements about the Astra Missile:
- Developed by DRDO, it is an Air-to-Surface missile.
- It is a beyond visual range missile (BVRM), capable of engaging different targets at different altitudes.
- With a range of 500 km, it can carry a payload of 15 kg with it.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
Consider the following statements with respect to Indian Missiles:
- Akash is a medium-range surface-to-air missile defence system developed by the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO).
- Agni-I was developed under the Integrated Guided Missile Development Program and tested in 1989.
- Invar is high velocity jamming immune missile with tandem warhead designed to defeat explosive reactive armour.
Select the correct answer using the code given below:
‘Mission Shakti’ sometimes seen in the news is related to?
Consider the following statements vis-à-vis ASAT Missile Test:
- It demonstrates ISRO’s capability to hit and destroy satellites in space through missiles launched from the ground.
- India became the 2nd country after US to have this capability.
- India’s ASAT maximum range is up to 1000 km only.
Choose the correct answer from the code given below: