Parliament Q & A
Question by: Sarmistha Sethi.
- whether the Government is aware of reduction in forest cover across the country as a result of which climate is adversely affected;
- if so, steps that have been taken/are being taken to improve the forest cover;
- whether there is any proposal to develop specific forest zones for growth of medicinal plants; and
- if so, the details thereof?
Question by: Omprakash Bhupalsinh alias Pawan Rajenimbalkar.
- whether e-waste is increasing rapidly in the country, every year;
- whether the Government has any plan for disposal of e-waste,
- whether the Government is aware that the workers engaged in e-waste management are getting affected by various diseases and several casualties have been recorded as a result; and
- if so, the steps taken by the Government to save people from such problems and to set up a safe disposal system for e-waste?
Question by: Balubhau (Alias Suresh Narayan) Dhanorkar.
- whether there has been an adverse impact of the COVID-19 lockdown on the physical and mental health of children;if so, the details thereof; and
- the steps taken/being taken to promote awareness about mental health issues among children and parents and address the anxiety issues caused in children by the fear of COVID-19 virus?
Question by: Rahul Kaswan.
- whether the prevalence of malnutrition is highest in the country globally;
- Whether the Government is aware that forty four percent children below the age of three years are suffering from malnutrition;
- the names and details of such States where the number of children suffering from malnutrition are the highest; and
- the corrective steps taken by Government in this regard?
- Whether Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) sector is the backbone of the Indian economy and generates second highest number of employments after agriculture and if so, the details thereof;
- whether MSMEs sector contributes 8-10 percent of the GDP, 40 percent of manufacturing output and 45 percent of exports from the country and if so, the details thereof; and
- the reasons for unfair treatment with MSMEs sector when it comes to provide facilities and stimulus to the said sector?
- The names of various schemes being run by the Government for the upliftment of minority community; and
- Whether the Ministry has allocated any funds to the State of Rajasthan particularly Alwar district for the upliftment of minority community and if so, the details thereof?
- whether the Government has taken note that a well-managed civil aviation infrastructure in India can bring down transport and communication costs, promote commercial and cultural activities, create jobs and ultimately unite people and markets and if so, the details thereof?
- whether the Government has taken any measures to put in place technologically advanced airlines to compete with today''s globalized world; and if so, the details thereof?
- whether the Government has taken note of increasing plastic waste in the country; and if so, the details thereof;
- whether the Government has fixed any target for generating electricity from plastic waste, including other organic and inorganic residue and if so, the details thereof; and
- whether the Government has made any special scheme for generating electricity through alternate methods in Bundelkhand/Uttarakhand and if so, the details thereof?
- whether Indian economy has started showing decline in the import duty received by the Government from Chinese goods due to impact of Coronavirus and if so, the details thereof along with the assessment made by the Government in this regard and the corrective measures taken/being taken for the same;
- whether it is true that India is heavily dependent on China for the raw material used in the manufacturing in the country and if so, the details thereof;
- whether the Government is searching for some other alternatives for the raw materials being imported from China and if so, the details thereof along with the steps taken in this regard;
- whether the Government is going to announce a set of measures to tackle possible disruption of supply of drugs and other manufactured goods due to Coronavirus outbreak in China and if so, the details thereof;
- whether any meeting has been held with the Industry players/businessmen and other stakeholders in this regard and if so, the detailed discussion held and the plan chalked out to address the concern raised by them; and
- whether the Government proposes to set up any centre in the country for spreading of awareness of the cultural heritage of India;
- if so, the State-wise/Union Territory-wise details thereof;
- the steps taken or proposed to be taken by the Government for creating awareness about cultural heritage and values of India among the people in this regard?