UN World Happiness Report 2021
- The World Happiness Report 2021 has been released by the UN Sustainable Development Solutions Network.
- India has been ranked 139 out of 149 countries in the list of UN World Happiness Report 2021. In 2019, India was ranked 140th.
About World Happiness Report
- The World Happiness Report is a landmark survey of the state of global happiness that ranks 149 countries by how happy their citizens perceive themselves to be.
- The World Happiness Report 2021 focuses on the effects of Covid-19 and how people all over the world have fared.
- The annual report ranks nations based on gross domestic product per person, healthy life expectancy and the opinions of residents. Surveys ask respondents to indicate on a 1-10 scale how much social support they feel they have if something goes wrong, their freedom to make their own life choices, their sense of how corrupt their society is and how generous they are.
Happiest Countries: Finland has been ranked as the happiest country in the world for the fourth consecutive year. The Nordic nation is followed by Iceland, Denmark, Switzerland, The Netherlands, Sweden, Germany and Norway.
Most unhappy Countries: People in war-torn Afghanistan are the most-unhappy with their lives, followed by Zimbabwe (148), Rwanda (147), Botswana (146) and Lesotho (145).Others: Pakistan is on 105th, Bangladesh on 101st and China on 84th, according to the report. The United States ranks at 19th place for happiness, despite being one of the richest countries in the world.