Tri Services' Special Forces Exercise
Recently, The Shatrujeet Brigade of the Indian Army participated in a major multi-domain exercise with the tri-services Andaman Nicobar Command (ANC) to enhance its rapid reaction capabilities on the strategically important Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
- The exercise was carried out in conjunction with the Indian Air Force and Navy.
- The purpose was to test the joint manship and interoperability among the special forces of tri-services.
- Various plans and contingencies were simulated in realistic tactical settings.
- Paratroopers from Uttar Pradesh's Agra took off and landed with surgical precision on a remote island.
- The C130 J super Hercules aircraft of the IAF was used for the operation.
- The exercise witnessed the validation and deployment of specialized equipment, combat free fall jumps, and ground-based maneuvers.
- The 50th Parachute Brigade, a brigade-sized formation of the Indian Army, played a pivotal role in the exercise.
- The brigade consists of airborne battalions, artillery batteries, a para field hospital, signal and engineer sections.
- The highly skilled Paratroopers are trained to conduct various missions, ranging from prevention and pre-emption tasks to multifaceted, high-intensity combat fighting.
- Appointment & Resignation
- Awards In News
- Defence/Military Exercises
- Ecology & Environment
- Famous Books
- Important Days/Weeks
- Important Decade
- Organisation In News
- Persons In News
- Places In News
- Plans & Policy
- Scheme & Programme
- Science & Technology
- Species In News
- Summit, Seminars & Conferences
- Web Portal & Apps
State In News