State Energy Efficiency Index 2021-22 Report
On 10th April, 2023, the Union Minister of Power and New & Renewable Energy released the State Energy Efficiency Index (SEEI) 2021-22 report.
- The index aims to drive decarbonisation efforts and achieve a more sustainable future.
- The report is developed by the Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE) in collaboration with Alliance for an Energy-Efficient Economy (AEEE).
- The State Energy Efficiency Index (SEEI) assesses the progress of states and UTs in energy efficiency implementation for FY 2020-21 and 2021-22.
- SEEI 2021-22 has an updated framework of 50 indicators aligned with national priorities.
- Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Kerala, Rajasthan, and Telangana are in the Front Runner category (>60 points) in SEEI 2021-22.
- Assam, Haryana, Maharashtra, and Punjab are in the Achiever category (50-60 points) in SEEI 2021-22.
- The SEEI helps states identify areas for improvement, learn from best practices, and adopt an economy-wide approach to energy efficiency implementation.
- The report outlines recommendations to help states drive change in energy efficiency, which will contribute towards the fulfillment of SDGs and NDC.
The Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE) was established by the Government of India on 1st March 2002 under the provisions of the Energy Conservation Act, 2001, with a mission to develop policies and strategies for reducing the energy intensity of the Indian economy. BEE coordinates with designated consumers, designated agencies, and other organizations to perform the functions assigned to it under the Energy Conservation Act, which provides for regulatory and promotional functions.
- Appointment & Resignation
- Awards In News
- Defence/Military Exercises
- Ecology & Environment
- Famous Books
- Important Days/Weeks
- Important Decade
- Organisation In News
- Persons In News
- Places In News
- Plans & Policy
- Scheme & Programme
- Science & Technology
- Species In News
- Summit, Seminars & Conferences
- Web Portal & Apps
State In News