India and WOAH Partner to Strengthen Pandemic Preparedness with a One Health Approach
On September 11th and 12th, 2023, the Ministry of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry & Dairying, Government of India, along with the World Organisation for Animal Health (WOAH) conducted a multi-sectoral workshop titled "Risk-based management of spill over events in wildlife in India" in Hyderabad.
- Key Objectives of the Workshop: The workshop focused on four primary objectives:
- Enhancing stakeholder knowledge about wildlife-origin disease risk analysis.
- Conducting a comprehensive gap analysis of India's risk assessment and management.
- Simulating disease spillover scenarios.
- Fostering communication and awareness among relevant stakeholders.
- Importance of Cross-Sectoral Collaboration: The workshop's conclusion emphasized the significance of adopting a One Health approach and promoting cross-sectoral collaboration for effective pandemic preparedness.
- Global Collaboration for Pandemic Mitigation: The joint efforts of WOAH and the Government of India in this workshop demonstrate their commitment to building a safer, healthier, and more sustainable world in a context where the health of wildlife, domestic animals, and humans is interlinked.
- Appointment & Resignation
- Awards In News
- Defence/Military Exercises
- Ecology & Environment
- Famous Books
- Important Days/Weeks
- Important Decade
- Organisation In News
- Persons In News
- Places In News
- Plans & Policy
- Scheme & Programme
- Science & Technology
- Species In News
- Summit, Seminars & Conferences
- Web Portal & Apps
State In News