India Assumes Chairmanship Of The Governing Body Of ILO
- After 35 years, India has assumed the Chairmanship of the Governing Body of International Labour Organization, marking a new chapter in the 100 years of productive relationship between India and ILO.
- Shri Apurva Chandra, Secretary (Labour and Employment) has been elected as the Chairperson of the Governing Body of the International Labour Organisation (ILO) for the period October 2020- June 2021.
- The Governing Body (GB) is the apex executive body of the ILO which decides policies, programmes, agenda, budget and elects the Director-General.
- At present ILO has 187 members.
- Shri Apurva Chnadra will be presiding over the upcoming meeting of the Governing Body to be held in November 2020.