Forgotten Hero: Maharaja Suheldev
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has laid the foundation stone of Maharaja Suheldev Memorial and development work of Chittaura Lake in Bahraich (UP).
- Maharaja Suheldev was the erstwhile ruler of Shravasti in Uttar Pradesh’s Bahraich district, who ruled in the 11th century.
- He is known in the history for waging guerrilla warfare against Mahmud Ghazni’s colossal army.
- King Suheldev’s guerrilla warfare against Mahmud Ghazni began with the killing of his elder brother, Malladev, while defending the Somnath Temple from the latter’s army.
- On June 15, 1033, the armies of King Suheldev and Syed Salar Masood, nephew of Mahmud Ghazni fought a war on the banks of Chittaura Lake in Bahraich. In this battle, Suheldev's army completely destroyed Salar Masood's army. King Suheldev also killed Salar Masood.
- The legend of Salar Masud and Suheldev is found in the Persian language Mirat-i-Masudi. It was written by Abd-ur-Rahman Chishti during the reign of the Mughal emperor Jahangir.