Legal Metrology (Packaged Commodities), (Second Amendment) Rules, 2022
On 14th July 2022, the Department of Consumer Affairs notified the Legal Metrology (Packaged Commodities), (Second Amendment) Rules 2022.
- These amendments have been brought under the Legal Metrology (Packaged Commodities) Rules, 2011.
About the Amendment: QR Code – Use of Technology
- In the case of an electronic product which is manufactured or packed or imported after July 15, the package of such product shall, for a period of one year from such date, declare the name of the manufacturer or packer or importer, as the case may be, on the package itself and such declaration shall also inform the consumers to scan the QR code for the address and other related information.
- Similar provisions have been mentioned for the size and dimension of the commodity, and for declaring the telephone number and e-mail address on the package itself.
Note: Earlier, all the prepackaged commodities including the electronic products are required to declare all the mandatory declarations as per the Legal Metrology (Packaged Commodities), Rules, 2011 on the package.
- Appointment & Resignation
- Awards In News
- Defence/Military Exercises
- Ecology & Environment
- Famous Books
- Important Days/Weeks
- Important Decade
- Organisation In News
- Persons In News
- Places In News
- Plans & Policy
- Scheme & Programme
- Science & Technology
- Species In News
- Summit, Seminars & Conferences
- Web Portal & Apps
State In News