Bilateral talks with Chinese Foreign Minister
On March 3, 2023, the External Affairs Minister of India and the Chinese Foreign Minister held bilateral talks to discuss the current status of India-China relations, with a particular focus on the situation along the Line of Actual Control (LAC).
- To address the peace and tranquility along the border between India and China, specifically the Line of Actual Control (LAC).
- They also discussed the G20 agenda, which suggest that they talked about broader international issues.
- The talks aimed to openly and candidly discuss the real problems in the relationship between the two countries
- Overall, the meeting seemed to be an attempt to improve communication and find ways to ease tensions between the two countries.
Significance of the meeting
- To create conditions that will "restore normalcy" in the relationship between India and China.
- Chinese foreign Minister emphasized the importance of avoiding power politics or bloc confrontation, stating that global development and prosperity require a peaceful and stable international environment.
- He highlighted China's Global Security Initiative and its position paper on the political settlement of the Ukraine crisis as examples of China's commitment to promoting peace.
- Chinese foreign Minister comments suggest that China is positioning itself as a responsible and peaceful global actor.
- Both sides agreed to hold the next round of talks between senior military commanders soon.
Earlier also in his remarks to the G20 Foreign Ministers' meeting, Chinese Foreign Minister called for the group to practice true multilateralism, uphold the U.N.-centered international system, observe the basic norms of international relations underpinned by the purposes and principles of the U.N. Charter, and follow the international order based on international law.
- Appointment & Resignation
- Awards In News
- Defence/Military Exercises
- Ecology & Environment
- Famous Books
- Important Days/Weeks
- Important Decade
- Organisation In News
- Persons In News
- Places In News
- Plans & Policy
- Scheme & Programme
- Science & Technology
- Species In News
- Summit, Seminars & Conferences
- Web Portal & Apps
State In News