Current Affairs - Study/Survey/Report/Index
IPES-Food Report: Global Hunger Crisis amidst High Debt Levels and UrgentNeed for Action
The International Panel of Experts on Sustainable Food Systems (IPES-Food) has released a report, on March 6, 2023, bringing attention to the growing global hunger crisis and high levels of debt distress.
India achieves National Health Policy (NHP) Target for MMR
There has been a significant decline in the Maternal Mortality Ratio (MMR) in the country.
Sample Registration System Statistical Report 2020
In a significant milestone, India has achieved landmark achievement in further reduction of child mortality rates.
- As per the Sample Registration System (SRS) Statistical Report 2020 released on 22nd September 2022 by Registrar General of India (RGI), the country has been witnessing a progressive reduction in IMR, U5MR and NMR since 2014 towards achieving the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) targets by 2030.
First State Ranking Index for Implementation of the NFSA, 2013
On 5th July 2022, the Union Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution released the first State Ranking Index for implementation of the National Food Security Act, 2013.
- Big States and UTs: Among the 20 big states and Union Territories (UTs), Odisha topped the list while Goa came last.
4th State Food Safety Index
On World Food Safety Day 2022 (7 June), Union Health Minister released Food Safety and Standards Authority of India’s (FSSAI) 4th State Food Safety Index.
- The State Food Safety Index has been released to measure the performance of states across five parameters of food safety: human resources and institutional data, compliance, food testing facility, training and capacity building and consumer empowerment.
Global Food Policy Report 2022 on ‘Climate Change and Food Systems’
On 12th May 2022, the Global Food Policy Report 2022 on ‘Climate Change and Food Systems’ was released by the International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
The Report on Climate Change & its Effects
- Climate change is a growing threat to our food systems, with impacts becoming increasingly evident.
Breed-Wise Report of Livestock and Poultry
On 12th May 2022, Union Minister of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying Shri Parshottam Rupala released the Breed-Wise Report of Livestock and Poultry based on 20th Livestock Census.
- The breed-wise data collection was done along with 20th Livestock Census during the year 2019.
Progress from NFHS-4 (2015-16) to NFHS-5 (2019-21)
On 5th May 2022, Union Health Minister Mansukh Mandaviya released the National Report of the fifth round of National Family Health Survey (NFHS-5) at Gujarat's Vadodara.
The NFHS-5 National Report lists progress from NFHS-4 (2015-16) to NFHS-5 (2019-21).
First ‘District Good Governance Index’ Launched for Jammu & Kashmir
On 22 January 2022, India’s first “District Good Governance Index”, was released in Jammu.
- It is prepared by Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances (DARPG) in collaboration with Government of Jammu & Kashmir.
Fourth Edition of State Health Index
On 27th December 2021, NITI Aayog has released the fourth edition of the State Health Index for 2019–20.
- The report, titled “Healthy States, Progressive India”, ranks states and Union Territories on their year-on-year incremental performance in health outcomes as well as their overall status.