Current Affairs - Study/Survey/Report/Index
In a significant milestone, India has achieved landmark achievement in further reduction of child mortality rates.
- As per the Sample Registration System (SRS) Statistical Report 2020 released on 22nd September 2022 by Registrar General of India (RGI), the country has been witnessing a progressive reduction in IMR, U5MR and NMR since 2014 towards achieving the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) targets by 2030.
On 5th July 2022, the Union Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution released the first State Ranking Index for implementation of the National Food Security Act, 2013.
- Big States and UTs: Among the 20 big states and Union Territories (UTs), Odisha topped the list while Goa came last.
On World Food Safety Day 2022 (7 June), Union Health Minister released Food Safety and Standards Authority of India’s (FSSAI) 4th State Food Safety Index.
- The State Food Safety Index has been released to measure the performance of states across five parameters of food safety: human resources and institutional data, compliance, food testing facility, training and capacity building and consumer empowerment.
On 12th May 2022, the Global Food Policy Report 2022 on ‘Climate Change and Food Systems’ was released by the International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
The Report on Climate Change & its Effects
- Climate change is a growing threat to our food systems, with impacts becoming increasingly evident.
On 12th May 2022, Union Minister of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying Shri Parshottam Rupala released the Breed-Wise Report of Livestock and Poultry based on 20th Livestock Census.
- The breed-wise data collection was done along with 20th Livestock Census during the year 2019.
On 5th May 2022, Union Health Minister Mansukh Mandaviya released the National Report of the fifth round of National Family Health Survey (NFHS-5) at Gujarat's Vadodara.
The NFHS-5 National Report lists progress from NFHS-4 (2015-16) to NFHS-5 (2019-21).
On 22 January 2022, India’s first “District Good Governance Index”, was released in Jammu.
- It is prepared by Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances (DARPG) in collaboration with Government of Jammu & Kashmir.
On 27th December 2021, NITI Aayog has released the fourth edition of the State Health Index for 2019–20.
- The report, titled “Healthy States, Progressive India”, ranks states and Union Territories on their year-on-year incremental performance in health outcomes as well as their overall status.
NITI Aayog has released the first-ever Multi-dimensional Poverty Index (MPI) of India.
- This baseline report of the national MPI measure is based on the reference period of 2015-16 of the National Family Health Survey (NFHS).