Current Affairs :
On 23rd August, 2019, the National Institute for Transforming India(NITI) Aayog released the 2nd edition of Composite Water Management Index (CWMI) 2.0
- Recently, in a decision that would give boost to the ocean energy in India, Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE) approved a proposal to declare ocean energy as Renewable Energy.
- On 21st August, 2019, Human Resources Development (HRD) Ministry launched the Integrated Teachers Training Programme, National Initiative for School Head’s and Teachers’ Holistic Advancement (NISHTHA).
On 20th August, 2019, the World Bank published a report according to which, one-third of the potential economic growth will be affected in heavily water polluted areas leading to invisible crisis of water quality.
- On 19th August, 2019, Discovery India and World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF)-India partnered with the West Bengal government and local communities in the Sundarbans in a bid to help save the world’s only mangrove tiger habitat.
- On 19th August, 2019, environmental NGO Greenpeace released a report according to which India overtook China to become the largest emitter of Sulphur Dioxide (SO2) in the world, contributing more than 15 per cent of global anthropogenic emissions.
- Recently, India has got its first National Essential Diagnostics List (NEDL) finalised by the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR).
- On 14th August, 2019, Ministry of Textiles in a meeting, decided to impart skill training to 4 lakh people in 18 states under the Samarth - Scheme for Capacity Building in Textile Sector (SCBTS).
- According to the Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR), there was 41 percent reduction in crop residue burning in Punjab, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh and Delhi-NCR,North India in 2018 compared with that in 2016.