National Metrology Conclave 2021
The Prime Minister of India delivered inaugural address at the National Metrology Conclave 2021.
- He dedicated National Atomic Timescale and Bhartiya Nirdeshak Dravya Pranali to the Nation and laid the Foundation Stone of National Environmental Standards Laboratory.
- The Conclave was organised by Council of Scientific and Industrial Research-National Physical Laboratory (CSIR-NPL), New Delhi, on its 75th year of inception.
- The theme of the conclave is ‘Metrology for the Inclusive Growth of the Nation’.
National Atomic Timescale
- With the launch of National Atomic Timescale, India has achieved the accuracy level of 2.8 nano second and Indian Standard Time is matching the International Standard Time with the accuracy range of less than 3 nano second.
- This will be a big help for organization like ISRO who are working with cutting edge technology. Modern technology related Banking, railways, defense, health, telecom, weather forecast, disaster management and many similar sectors will be benefited greatly from this achievement.
- CSIR-NPL is India’s timekeeper - it is authorized to realize and maintain the Indian Standard Time (IST) by an Act of Parliament.
Bhartiya Nirdeshak Dravya
- Bharatiya Nirdeshak Dravya (BND) or Indian Reference Materials are developed by CSIR-National Physical Laboratory, India (NPLI) to ensure the quality of products in every manufacturing and consumer sector by providing SI traceable measurements and enhancing quality life of citizens through metrology. Reference materials (RM) play pivotal role in maintaining the quality infrastructure of any economy through testing and calibration with precise measurements traceable to SI units.
National Environmental Standards Laboratory
- The National Environmental Standards Laboratory will aid self-reliance in the certification of ambient air and industrial emission monitoring equipment.