Current Affairs - State In News
Recently, in alignment with the National Education Policy (NEP)-2020, Himachal Pradesh introduced the 'My School-My Pride' campaign, a part of the 'Apna Vidyalay' program, aimed at revolutionizing the quality of education in government schools.
- Community Participation Encouraged: The campaign encourages people and groups to participate by adopting schools thus contributing towards different aspects of students’ growth and development.
- Holistic Support Approach: Stakeholders are encouraged to offer holistic help, such as career guidance, remedial teaching and examination coaching besides other community support programs.
- Monetary donations to assist in implementing infrastructure development activities, event sponsorships as well scholarships for the needy and also MDM support is encouraged.
- 'Giving Back to Society' Initiative: The community members such as retired teachers, professionals, housewives and others are urged to form the academic support team whereby their knowledge can be used without payment. This team provides ongoing academic support and steps in during teacher scarcity, absences or leaves.
- Engagement of Dignitaries and Officers: Government schools are recommended to dignitaries, members of the parliament as well MLAs and government officers who give suggestions for developments together observe students’ results. Specific schools will be assigned mentors in the form of officers from education departments.
- Online Portal for Transparency: The ‘Apna Vidyalaya’ program will be provided with an online portal by the SSA to ensure transparency, accountability and real-time monitoring of activities.
- Holistic Adolescent Development: SAMVAD, one of the components under this program has centred on educating school going adolescents about moral values; drug awareness; nutrition; legal knowledge and empowerment schemes.
- Positive Transformation: The ‘My School-My Pride’ campaign shows potential for public education system which educates more than 55% of the student population enrolled in government schools within Himachal Pradesh. It is anticipated to contribute positively by improving community participation and mentorship towards educational progress.
On 17th January, 2024, Punjab achieved a significant milestone by launching its inaugural Human Milk Bank (Comprehensive Lactation Management Centre) at Dr B R Ambedkar State Institute of Medical Sciences (AIMS), Mohali, with support from the Rotary Club of Chandigarh.
- Global Inauguration: The world president of Rotary International inaugurated the Human Milk Bank. He emphasized Rotary’s role in empowering women, enhancing their health, and contributing to overall well-being, especially for mothers and children.
- Financial Support for Equipment: The Rotary Club's financial support facilitated the purchase of vital equipment for the Human Milk Bank, demonstrating a commitment to providing the best possible nutrition to infants.
- Comprehensive Lactation Management Centre (CLMC): The Human Milk Bank, also known as the Comprehensive Lactation Management Centre, serves as a crucial health facility, offering lactation support and management for all mothers within the hospital.
Telangana is ready to score another feat with the setting up of World Economic Forum’s Centre for Fourth Industrial Revolution (C4IR) in State capital.
- Joint Statement: During the WEF-2024, a joint statement from both Chief Minister and President of WEF announced that such collaboration is vital to use new technology towards advancements in life sciences.
- Enhancing State Health Tech Landscape: It is anticipated that the formation of C4IR will prove crucial in developing Telangana’s State Health Tech Landscape, whose ultimate goal involves enhancing health care delivery services throughout the region.
- Alignment of Vision: Telangana CM Mr. Revanth Reddy described how the vision and objectives of WEF are in line with those that were envisioned by Telangana government for life sciences sector development. The partnership is regarded as a mechanism to advance the state’s health care goals quickly.
In order to give impetus to the perfume industry, the Uttar Pradesh government has decided to develop Kannauj as a perfume tourism destination.
- It will also hold an international perfume fair in Kannauj in December.
- At Kannauj, the first phase of the perfume park being set up will be completed by November 15.
- The Uttar Pradesh government has planned to promote the perfume of Kannauj in the international market. The aim is to take the Rs. 250 crore perfume business to Rs. 25,000 crore.
- The perfume business will give momentum to vision of making Uttar Pradesh a $ 1 trillion economy.
- The state government has also made changes in the export policy to make it easier for the traders to boost their perfume export. If a trader associated with the perfume business participates in a fair abroad, the state government will bear the expenses on their travel and transportation of samples.
- The perfume of Kannauj comes under the ‘One District, One Product’ initiative and has demand in the international market.
Uttar Pradesh government is planning to build an education township in the state.
It will provide high-quality education to the youth and equip them with a variety of professional skills in a single place.
Concept: 'Single Entry, Multiple Exit'
- Built on the idea of 'Single Entry, Multiple Exit' (come like a blank paper and carry multiple skills), the focus of this township will be on high-end education.
Features of the Education Township
- Prestigious government and private universities of the country and the world will be able to open their campuses in the township.
- There will be primary and secondary schools like Atal Residential Schools in the same place.
- Universities and colleges will be established for undergraduate and postgraduate studies wherein studies and research works related to management, technology, law, and medicine will be carried out.
- The education township will also feature skill development universities where training will be imparted to the youth in different types of skills. Besides, many other coaching institutes like Abhyudaya will be started in these education townships so that more and more students can be successful in competitive examinations like NEET, IIT, Union Public Service Commission, etc. to be held in the country and the state.
- It will cater to students from not only the country but also African, Latin American and Central Asian countries.
- Accommodations will be provided to both teachers and students at the education township.
- With the introduction of the 'Single Entry, Multiple Exit' system in the state, students will be able to avail of cheap education loans.
Recent Initiatives by the State Govt.
- Recently Govt. has directed authorities to prepare a comprehensive action plan for setting up five education townships in the state during a meeting with the representatives of consultancy firm Deloitte India to explore ways to make Uttar Pradesh a $1 trillion economy.
To strengthen the rural economy and make the “gauthan” (cattle shed) a centre of livelihood, the Chhattisgarh government will set up ‘gramin aajeevika parks’, to be known as ‘rural industrial parks’ in the state.
- In the first year of the project, there will be 300 such parks.
- The project will be launched on Gandhi Jayanti, October 2, 2022.
- It in line with Mahatma Gandhi’s vision of gram swaraj, which is strengthening the rural economy by promoting cottage industries by providing income-generating opportunities.
- The first such park in Chhattisgarh came up in Kulgaon, Kanker district, which has been named Gandhi Gram. The district administration, along with women’s self-help groups, has developed the park.
- Some of the livelihood-related activities are producing vermi-compost, goat rearing, manufacturing incense sticks, dona-pattal (leaf plate) manufacturing, fish farming, egg production, mushroom output, etc.
- The forest department has started a residential training centre, based on the value addition of minor forest produce.
- Chhattisgarh has set up 8,404 gauthans of the 10,624 sanctioned.
- The state government is procuring cow dung at Rs. 2 a kg for making vermi-compost.
- The state government has started procuring cow urine for Rs. 4 a litre for making organic fertilisers and pesticides.
- The state government has been developing basic infrastructure, such as interlocking, cement/concrete roads, dormitories, residential rooms, kitchen halls, building sheds for women’s self-help groups, and underground irrigation pipelines.
- The government is planning to use District Mineral Foundation (DMF) funds for this.
The century-old Nawab Wajid Ali Shah Zoological Garden in Lucknow (popularly known as Lucknow Zoo) will now be shifted to Kukrail forest area, about 12 km away from its current location in Narhi.
- The move is aimed at decongesting the overcrowded Narhi area because of the presence of the zoological garden.
- The Govt. will establish Kukrail night safari to encourage eco-tourism and create more employment opportunities for locals engaged in tourism trade, catering, decoration etc.
- Possibilities of channelising Kukrail river and developing it as an attractive river front would also be considered. The cost of this mega project will be assessed after the UP government gets to see the report made by the consultant.
- Kukrail Reserve Forest has a captive breeding and conservation center for the freshwater gharials (gavialis gangeticus), one of the 3 native species of crocodiles in India.
About the Park
- Lucknow’s zoological park was established on November 29, 1921 by the then Governor, Uttar Pradesh, Sir Spencer Harcourt Butler.
- It was named as Prince of Wales Zoological Garden.
- On June 4, 2001 the zoo was renamed as Lucknow Prani Udyan.
- In 2015, the Lucknow Prani Udyan was renamed as Nawab Wajid Ali Shah Prani Udyan. Shah was the last Nawab of Oudh who was fond of animals and had reared different animals, to create a small zoo in Kolkata.
Drones being used commercially to deliver great healthcare to Indians in the rural locations seems to be a possibility now, through a commercial drone corridor.
- Drones being used commercially to deliver great healthcare to Indians in the most rural locations appears to be a possibility now. In the United States’ Redcliffe Labs, a division of Redcliffe Lifetech, has completed its first commercial drone flight in the healthcare sector.
- Between Uttarkashi and Dehradun, the business just launched a commercial drone corridor.
- The collaboration between Redcliffe and Skye Air resulted in 40 successful trials in North India over the last three months.
- Redcliffe Lab transported a payload of 5 kilograms in air temp boxes from Gyansu, Uttarkashi, to Vivek Vihar, Dehradun, a distance of 60 kilometres by air.
- From June 10, 2022, the business stated it will “operate two flights daily for both routine and specialised test sample collecting.”
- By 2027, the diagnostic service provider hopes to have reached at least 500 million Indians. Jain stated that the corporation “plans to employ drone technology to gather Dx samples” as one of the several approaches to meet this goal.
Chief Minister of Chhattisgarh has launched ‘Mukhyamantri Mitaan Yojana’ (Mitaan stands for a friend), which will be implemented on a pilot basis in 14 municipal corporations including the cities like Raipur, Durg, Bilaspur and Rajnandgaon in Chhattisgarh.
- Under the Scheme, the residents of Chhattisgarh can avail around 100 public services at their doorstep.
- 13 services in 14 municipal corporation areas have been included under the ‘Mitaan’ scheme as announced by the CM in his budget speech for the fiscal year 2022-23.
- Once the concerned department issues the certificate, it will then be delivered at the citizen’s doorstep by the ‘Mitaan’ in a sealed envelope within the prescribed time limit.
In a first in the country, Kerala will launch a state-owned over-the-top (OTT) platform, ‘CSpace’, in November 2022, offering film lovers an array of movies, short films and documentaries of their choice.
- It is an initiative of Kerala State Film Development Corporation (KSFDC) on behalf of the state government.